Some noncancerous growths that appear on the uterus during childbearing years are called uterine fibroids. These are also known as myomas or leiomyomas. Uterine fibroids are not at all associated with the risk of getting affected by uterine cancer, says a famous gynaecologist in Kolkata who is attached with The Newtown Clinic.
Fibroids can be of many sizes. Some fibroids are too small to be detected or seen by human eyes, whereas some become so bulky that those change the shape of the uterus. Uterine fibroids can distort the shape of your uterus. An enlarged uterus is also caused by huge fibroids. One can have a single or number of fibroids. There are extreme cases where the uterus gets so much expanded that the fibroids reach the rib cage and add weight. Visit The Newtown Clinic to get tested and treated by the best gynaecologist doctors in Kolkata. There are many cases where women do not even know that they have uterine fibroids as those cause no symptoms. Their uterine fibroids get detected and diagnosed during a prenatal ultrasound or pelvic exam.
The signs and symptoms of uterine fibroids depend upon the size, location, and a number of the fibroids. There are many women who do not even have an idea that they have uterine fibroids due to the lack of symptoms. But many women face extreme symptoms of uterine fibroids.
According to a famous gynaecologist in Kolkata, the symptoms may include:
- Pelvic pain and pressure that does not let you stay comfortable
- Heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle of the month
- If you have uterine fibroids, your menstrual periods may last for more than a whole week every month
- Frequent urination is also a symptom, and you may also feel that your bladder is never empty
- Pain in your legs
- Your back may also ache
- You may suffer from constipation too
In rare cases, you may suffer from acute pain
- while uterine fibroids outgrow their blood supply and start to die
Types of uterine fibroids:
Usually, uterine fibroids are distinguished on the basis of their location.
- Intramural fibroids: This type of fibroid grows within your muscular uterine wall.
- Submucosal fibroids: It looks like a bulge into your uterine cavity.
- Subserosal fibroids: It takes place at the outside of your uterus.
If you ever notice any of these above-mentioned symptoms, kindly do not ignore or neglect them. Visit The Newtown Clinic and get the best gynaecologist doctors in Kolkata.