DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEELS
After consultation with the best chemical peeling doctors in New Town, Salt Lake, and Rajarhat, the type of peel will be decided depending on your skin type and the indication on focus. Some of the types are
- Superficial Peels – These are light peels that cause some redness and possible dryness for a few days.
- Medium and Deep Peels – These can result in dryness, swelling, peeling or sometimes scabbing.
Moisturizers should to be applied regularly for a few days with strict sun protection. At first the new skin, may look pinkish but within a week, it will gradually blend in. Following a chemical peel, your new skin will be tighter, smoother and maybe even lighter than before it.
ADVICE FOR CHEMICAL PEELS
- Stop all applications, 2 days before the treatment is to start.
- Use sunscreen regularly before the start of the treatment.
- If on any kind of medication, please share all details with the doctor performing the procedure.
On the Day of Treatment
- Do not wear any make-up on the day of the treatment.
- A peel procedure can sometimes have some very short-term after-effects, so don’t be alarmed if you experience redness, irritation, peeling and scabbing of skin for 1-2 days after the treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure after the treatment. Use sun screen regularly, SPF 30+ or as advised.
- Avoid saunas, steam and sunbathing for 7 days after the procedure.
- You can wash your face 6-8 hours after the procedure, but we recommend using a gentle face wash.
- Post the procedure, remember to use a moisturizer every 6 hours for at least 3 days.