About your teeth:
We usually mistakenly think that just like our bones and skin, our teeth can also heal on their own, but it is not correct. Our teeth have certain limitations, and this is why the best dentists in Kolkata help us with the best possible way outs to preserve our natural teeth. Our pearly white natural teeth need proper and continuous care as they do not redevelop in the same way because of the composition of our teeth. The Newtown Clinic is one of the best dental clinics in Kolkata, where you will get all sorts of dental treatment and care.
Our teeth are capable of handling a maximum of 70lbs. of biting force, but they have their limitations too. An unconscious forceful bite or any injury may cause a crack in your tooth. Thus, a cracked tooth may also expose the inner layer of our tooth. The open area gets affected by disease-causing bacteria, and it may also lead to loss of the tooth. Loss of the tooth takes place when the crack increases and reaches the root of the tooth.
There can be many reasons behind your cracked tooth. Those are as follows:
- A bad and strenuous bite
- An injury due to some accident
- If you are old enough, your teeth become weak, and as a result, you may have a cracked tooth.
- If you put too much pressure on your tooth because of teeth grinding, you may get a cracked tooth.
- If you drink something extremely cold or hot, the sudden change of temperature inside your mouth may cause a cracked tooth.
All these are uninvited causes of a cracked tooth and cause extreme pain. The best dentists in Kolkata advise you to get your oral health at least twice a year so that you remain updated and can take accurate care of your teeth.
Patients usually do not realize that they have cracked teeth until they suffer from symptoms like,
- Sharp pain while chewing or biting the food
- Sensitivity in the tooth while having something cold or hot such as cold drink, hot coffee, ice-creams, etc.
- Swelling of gum and throbbing pain are also symptoms of a cracked tooth.
What to do when you realize that you have a cracked tooth?
After realizing, you must not delay and should visit the best dental clinic in Kolkata immediately for early treatment. There are many types of treatments for solving this problem, depending upon the stage of the damage. Your dentist may ask you to go for treatments like:
- Root canal
So, do not wait and book your appointment now. Visit The Newtown Clinic, to get your oral health checked by the best dentists in Kolkata.